Thursday, June 16, 2011

Who are you?

My next blog entry will focus on the true gem of Ireland - Guinness. So stay tuned. I'm taste testing now and just need a few more samples.

In the meantime dear friends, I wanted to share something I find quite fascinating. 


We live in a new age. With the push of a button (and barring no power surges) - we have the ability to connect with people all over the world. To this point, since I started this blog barely a month ago, I've had readers from more than 20 countries, several continents and more states than I've ever traveled to. This site has had over 1,600 page views in just over a month. And over 200 people have taken a peek at my personal profile. Have to admit...that makes me feel kinda strange.

And now you know me..somewhat...but who are you? 
You are, with exceptions to the people I know - faceless and nameless, unfortunately.
But thanks to the wonder of the modern cyber-age and those buttons I mentioned earlier, I can see from whence you hail.
You are from:
UNITED STATES
Washington
Idaho
Montana
California (shout out to Olivia!)
Colorado
Texas - (shout out to Joyce and Joe and Jill/Sheri!)
Oregon (shout out to April and Garry!)
Kansas
Iowa
Florida - (shout out to the New World Celts, Kenny, Maggie,Jared, Anne, Cheryl, Matt and Suz... and my family!)
Tennessee
Alabama
North Carolina
Virginia
Wisconson
Michigan
Massachusetts- (shout out to Nancy!)
Delaware
Pennsylvania- (shout out to Jo!)
New York
Maryland
Ohio - (shout out to my family, 'specially Mike and best friend Lisa!)
Georgia - (shout out to Colleen!)

Indiana

UK - Manchester, London, Nottingham

SCOTLAND - (yes I know Scotland is part of the UK technically...however I separate them out in honor of my Jacobite friends) Edinburgh, Aberdeen (shout out to Alasdair and  Dr. Ken !)

IRELAND - Dublin, Cork, Clare, Galway (shout out to Nancy, Peg's Cottage and Tourism Ireland!)

JAPAN - (shout out to Mark!)

BANGLADESH

CANADA

NETHERLANDS

GERMANY

AUSTRALIA

ITALY

AUSTRIA

BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA

SOUTH AFRICA

PORTUGAL

SPAIN

DENMARK

POLAND

TASS, BACS-KISKUN

GRONINGEN

I am overwhelmed and grateful that you may have taken a glance or perhaps even really read through my postings. Thank you.

I hope you will follow my journey as I travel through Ireland, starting next Friday - which also happens to be my birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Would love to hear from you if you have thoughts on where I should go, what I should eat, drink or see. If you live in Ireland, let's meet up!  Looking forward to our travels together,
Warmest regards to my friends around the world, Slainte!
JP

7 comments:

  1. I love that you can see who goes to the site! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW it!! I would leave someone out of the shout outs...Mike my best cousin - I will add you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the special shout out - When I first read it, I just assumed it was me you were talking about in Ohio as your "best friend." LOL

    This whole concept of blogging is something that I'm sure our Murphy descendants would have found quite fascinating. Kind of like a chain letter on steroids but with more immediate and lasting results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading with envy and delight from the Land of the Rising Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce- have a fantastic journey..I didnt know the 24th was your birthday..my brother Jim turns 60 on the 25th..I will be thinking about you, and look forward to your pictures and stories...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz and Matt....should I give you a shout out? Love you guys...my fav drama team!

    ReplyDelete